Sunday, November 13, 2011

The Fine Art of Friends

Usually by this time of the year I tend to get into a self reflective mood. I like to reflect on the few communities I am part of --The School of the Art Institute, ICSW, CCC, and my most dearest of all: FAB- a hub of creative people under the roof of the Fine Arts Building. I have carried my art and clinical practice there for almost 15 years!, always  in the same studio:  #609. I feel fortunate and highly grateful for the opportunity to be part of such a rich, dynamic, creative place.

On 11/11/11 the Fine Art of Friends exhibit on the 2nd Floor Gallery opened up to the public  Seven artists with studios at FAB -Karen Tichy, Zoe Spirra, Alenna Marie Sandy, Kathleen Newman, Anita Miller, Rich Lo and myself- invited one friend from outside the FAB community. The exhibit was organized by Karen Tichy. I invited my long standing art colleague & friend Bert Menco. The show runs till December 5th after which the FAB members show will take place to close the year 2011 in the big finale party on December 9th. I hope you take some time to stop by to view this show, the next one, or just to say Hi!. To learn more about FAB artists go to: www.fineartsbuilding.com


Ledesma(left)- Menco(right)




Karen Tichy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment