Sunday, October 30, 2011

When a good artist's coach is also an artist ...

Inner Strength by Renee Philliips
Her name is Renee Phillips- one of the best known artists coach in USA. She is known for her dedication to artists, for her complete trust in the creative process and the ones she takes under her wing, and for a direct "no sugar coated"-goal oriented approach. If you want to make it in the art business, and need her guidance, you must be prepared for a high speed ride!

I learned about Renee several years ago when a artist tenant at the Fine Arts Building, where I have my studio, had organized an informal meeting in her studio with Renee. Even though I could not make it, I began to follow her trajectory as a writer for the artists. No too long ago we connected via Linkedln  when I responded to a question she was reflecting on for one of her upcoming books (by a way: she liked my statement & decided to include it in her book-- thank you Renee!)

So now, when needing some advise, who do you think I would contact?... Renee Phillips, of course. We did talk few days ago and to my surprise she discloses her passion for jewelry making which I did know nothing about.

Her latest e-newsletter has a section on it. I went to her jewelry gallery and I liked what I saw. I want to share the link with you as I suspect you would probably like it too. Here goes: http://www.ReneePhillipsArt.com  and if you are interested in reading her jewelry blog... http://reneephillipsartjewelry.blogspot.com/

Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Beatriz, you are such an inspirational artist am I am delighted to feature you in my upcoming book. You are also an angel! Thank you for writing this surprising blog post. Words cannot express my deep gratitude to you the joy to have another artist I admire so much to write about me. Wishing you continued creative bliss and prosperity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Renee is a surprising delight with all the facets of great writing, coaching, art making. she's the whole package.!

    ReplyDelete