Monday, June 19, 2017

Summer is Here!! Time for planting ...

Nothing more enjoyable for me that to spend time adorning my back porch with plants. The process of going to the nursery, viewing and choosing the colorful plants to dress my porch with brings a level of spiritual satisfaction and joy of life.

This is probably a trait I got from my parents who loved plants and flowers of any kind.
As a child, I accompanied my mother during her daily early Spring and Summer afternoon walks through the garden to prune her greenery.

There was always a vase with flowers in the house - cuts from my mother's garden or flowers my father brought her. And like my father I also wanted to bring flowers to my mom so I used to go to the lot crossed the street from my house and picked small white daisies that I arranged in a bundle and happily gave it to her in spite of getting a skin rush from those flowers.

This weekend Jon and I did just that- went to the nursery, got a bunch of flowered plants & grass, and I spent the afternoon arranging them in planters and ceramic pots. After the work is done, sitting among them zipping a glass of wine makes the world a perfect place!.



No comments:

Post a Comment