Tuesday, January 12, 2016

DAVID BOWIE (1947-2016)

From September 2014 to January 2015 the Museum of Contemporary Art @ Chicago presented  David Bowie Is- a retrospective of Bowie's work. (https://mcachicago.org/Exhibitions/2014/David-Bowie-Is)

I've heard of him but I never had a clear idea of
his work until I went to view this retrospective exhibit.

I was elated as well as overwhelmed by the intensity of his creative process and the many forms it manifested. "...From handwritten lyrics, photography, set design, original costumes, album artwork, and rare performance material for the past five decades of his life..." More than 400 objects all together for the first time.

As I walked the exhibit, a sense of admiration grew on me for this artist so open to the creative energy, flowing with it in any way and form. I relate with that way of being, where the physical body becomes the conduit of intense creativity that, like light, splashes over everything that touches.
I relate to the vulnerable self that moves with the energy and follows it because he/she has to.

Living in the creative energy grows more creative energy and it becomes contagious and collaborative so I was not surprised to learn of his collaborative projects with designers in the field of fashion, advanced sound, video installation, multimedia installation, and original animation.
I relate to the vulnerable self that moves with the energy and follows it because he/she has to.

What a pleasure!

His contribution to the world was/is. Very sad to see him go.

Thank You David Bowie for sharing so much with this world.

Two music videos from his last album BlackStar released two days before his departure:

https://youtu.be/kszLwBaC4Sw

https://youtu.be/y-JqH1M4Ya8

No comments:

Post a Comment