Thursday, October 31, 2013

Rock & Roll in Photos at the Chicago Cultural Center

Last week Friday 25th I was at the opening of Paul Natkin's show at the Cultural Center. A photo show that chronicles the work of this Chicago living music photographer. It is titled "Shutter to Think; The Rock & Roll Lens of Paul Natkin"- an exhibit produced by Elmhurst Historical Museum and curated by Lance Tawzer. The presentation equals the quality of Paul's photos. In talking with Tawzer I learned that he had the opportunity to showcase the work of photographers from another part of the country but made a conscious decision to look for someone rooted in Chicago and he added "I was looking for someone authentic..." The show is excellent and deserves many views. I already saw it twice and I will probably stop again and again to savor it slowly.
Here are some picks I took with my iphone:


No comments:

Post a Comment